Friday, January 20, 2006

on these pages... money is

On these pages.......

money is paper with some dead man's image on it that is a tangible representation of my hardwork or my skill at something. Baiscally those pieces of paer decide if i can live or survive or not. Because if someone doesn't have those particular pieces of paper then he cannot buy anything.......now don't tell me that he can eat out of the trees and farms....

people's criteria to evaluate me may contain points for the amount of paper i have.

Day by day these paper bits are changing in to orientation of magnetic particles on a surface. Nowdays most of my money is in the form of a few magnetic particles on the surface of hard disk on some bank. the money can be used by me only if i have another small plastic cards with the desired orientation of particles on the magnetic strips.

A day will soon come when i will forget what paper money looks like. I will work my ass off, and my money will be deposited in bank by an email to the bank. Then wherever i need money i will just swipe cards. So eventually it is right that the world is turning into paperless money world.

In future Money will just remain a concept and will cease to exist in form. After 500 years, it will be hard to explain it to children that what money stands for. Those days will be long gone when you could just hand them a pience of paper and say that this is called money.

Not too distant in te future, we won't even need plastic cards with desirable orientations, but just a thumbprint will do. So end to all the hoarding and looting. The thumb and the retina will take care of all the monetary situatuin and wallet will disappear. Why would you need that anyways? when all of ur documents can be seen online by concerned people just by the scan of ur thumb.

Hard to Imagine..........................But yet very interesting..............

Godspeed

1 comment:

Ravali said...

what you hold in your hand today is not money. that is a piece of paper. maney has always been a concept a concept of power. the power of freedom to fulfill desires. materialistic dreams. I don't know much about money.
I don't know anything of money. for i live just as obliviously in its absence as in its presence. but i do know this from what i see in your words and those of many that sweat blood to pour hardwork into these pieces of paper and plastic cards in their wallets.

I have a credit card, a debit card, a wallet, pieces of paper with pictures of dead men. i have touched them all. I have never earned a breath of air in my life through my skills or my energy. I have fulfilled many a dreams and i am living my ways. and i don't know anything about money. but i know this, money is not a fingerprint or an retinal identification. money is a concept of power which slaves you as you own it.